Week 2 Alumni Report: Best of the Rest Zone
Week two of the college football season is in the books. Here’s a look at how some of the alumni of BOTR schools fared in their games Saturday. For those like Colby Whitlock (Noble) and Tyler Simmons (Washington) it was a good day. For those playing at small colleges in Oklahoma it was a bit of a downer.
Tyler Simmons, LB, Navy (Washington): Simmons is off to a great start to the season, leading the Middies in tackles (7) for the second week in a row this time in a win over La. Tech.
Colby Whitlock, DT, Texas Tech (Noble): Whitlock started again at defensive tackle and had three tackles, including one for a loss, in a blowout win over Rice.
Kyle Jech, QB, Northwestern Oklahoma (Kingfisher): Jech completed 8 of 20 passes for 80 yards in a loss to Black Hills State. He also had 15 rushes for 46 yards.
Ben Birmingham, RB, Central Oklahoma (Luther): Birmingham rushed for 39 yards on 14 carries in UCO’s loss to Texas A&M Kingsville Saturday night.
Ryan Hendrickson, WR, Southwestern (Tuttle): Hendricson had 2 catches for 15 yards in a blowout loss to Angelo State.
Jon Evans, LB, Northeastern (Chandler): Evans had five tackles (4 solo) and a sack and a forced fumble in NSU’s loss to Midwestern State.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 56551Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34585Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32288Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9582Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8789Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5674Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3757OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3628George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3382Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3185Oklahoma weather:Tornado touches down in east Edmond
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients