Kingfisher loses quarterback
Kingfisher (1-1) will be without starting quarterback Derek Patterson for at least the next few weeks as he recovers from a AC joint separation in his throwing shoulder, the same injury OU quarterback Sam Bradford has. Patterson suffered the injury in practice a week ago and missed Friday night’s loss to Tuttle. Logan Nault took his place in the starting lineup.
“Derek is our main cog on offense,” Kingfisher coach Jeff Myers said. “Logan is a great athlete and he made things happen at times but he’s not our quarterback. Now we’ve not only gotten weaker at quarterback but we’ve gotten weaker at receiver because we’ve had to move Logan to quarterback.”
His loss had a huge impact on Kingfisher’s offense, albeit against a pretty good defensive team in Tuttle. But how much this impacts the playoff race in their district remains to be seen. Nault has some wheels but clearly doesn’t have much feel for playing quarterback which is a huge adjustment for a kid to make on the fly in the middle of the season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients