Three questions: Guthrie vs. Piedmont
Is this the week 0-2 Guthrie gets its first win?
In a word, yes. Guthrie seemed like they may have taken a step back in their shutout loss to El Reno last week with apologies to the Indians. McGuinness’ D is every bit as good as El Reno’s, but Guthrie couldn’t get into the endzone. They did against McGuinness once and had a shot at at least two more. This week Piedmont (0-2) provides a good chance to get into the win column.
How discouraging is the 0-2 start?
It has to be frustrating, but head coach Rafe Watkins said before the season, given the team’s early slate, that there might be some bumps along the way in the early going. Neither loss counts for anything in the playoff hunt which is the sole reason to play the game. There’s still plenty of time for Guthrie to right the ship, the trick is getting the players to believe that.
How does Guthrie win the game?
Eliminating mental mistakes and putting the ball in the endzone would be a good start. In their opener, Guthrie had opportunities to score but couldn’t finish off their drives. They need to do that this week starting with their opening possession. It only takes a game for an offense to find its footing.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients