Private schools POW: LaRone Richardson, Bishop McGuinness...
By Robert Przybylo
Kinda an obvious one, no? Though Camden Tharp played great for Bishop McGuinness in his first start at quarterback, there is no doubt that junior RB LaRone Richardson deserves this honor.
He scored six touchdowns in leading the Irish to a surprising 48-26 victory against Millwood on Friday.
And for a team that had a combined 21 points in two games, nobody saw this 48-point outburst coming.
Tharp was poised, taking over for Quinn Shanbour. Richardson made it easy for a QB in his first start. He finally got some touches in this game and made them all count in the upset victory.
There’s no doubt Millwood’s Trayvon Henry not playing had a role in the game, but the Irish were determined from the very beginning. This offense was looking for a breakout game, and it happened.
That’s the kind of momentum you want heading into district play with Piedmont on Friday.
- Barry Sanders Jr., Heritage Hall: He scored both of the Chargers’ touchdowns in an 18-12 loss to Davis. Heritage tops the list of teams that are thrilled district play is starting.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients