Three quesitons: Guthrie vs. Durant
Can Guthrie continue their momentum from the Piedmont win?
I talked to Kentrell Brothers, Rafe Watkins and Bryan Dutton within the past seven days and all believe that what happened at Piedmont, coming back from a 14-0 deficit to score 34 unanswered points was a turning point for the offense. A lot has been put on Dutton especially, and he admitted it was overwhelming at first, but he sounds confident, especially for a freshman and Brothers is a legit weapon. All of this is made possible by the continued development of their 0-line. So yes, Guthrie should continue to build momentum.
How much of a threat is Durant quarterback Daryn Alvez?
A move in from Texas, Alvez’ athletic ability has been somewhat overshadowed by Durant’s 1-2 start. Still, Watkins said that he’s as dangerous a player as Guthrie may see all year. It should be a good test for the defense but one they should pass easily.
When will Brothers be more of a presence in the offense?
Brothers caught one of four touchdown passes from Dutton last week. He told me this week he’s still getting used to seeing so much double coverage but expects he’ll learn how to beat it, or at least work within it, as the season progresses. Brothers is immensely talented and it’s just a matter of time before he becomes a dominanting force in the way some of Guthrie’s recent stars have.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients