District 5A-2 Preview: Guthrie
As we begin district play this week, here’s a brief look at District 5A-2
District teams: Noble, Ardmore, Capitol Hill, Carl Albert, Durant, Guthrie, Harrah, Shawnee
Favorites: Carl Albert, Guthrie, Shawnee
The Breakdown: This is one of the toughest districts in Oklahoma. Carl Albert has to be considered the favorite and its quarterback J.T. Realmuto is finally getting his feet under him, rushing for two scores last week in a win over Duncan.
Shawnee is 3-0 and dominating with quarterback Brayle brown. The Wolves showed their firepower offensively by scoring 61 in a win over Western Heights last week. There’s no doubt Shawnee will continue to be a major player in the district as long as they stay healthy. Brown’s play in particular has been stellar.
Harrah has broken out this year but is coming off a heartbreaking 21-20 loss to Tecumseh last week. How they recover from that after a 2-0 start could tell the story of their season.
Guthrie is in a similar situation after its 1-2 start. Don’t bet on the Bluejays continuing to struggle. There’s a lot of talent on both sides of the roster and the team’s new-look offensive line is getting back to its punishing self.
Prediction: 1-Carl Albert; 2-Shawnee; 3-Guthrie
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients