Private schools: District previews...
By Robert Przybylo
We all know Casady isn’t a part of the OSSAA as the Cyclones are a member of the Southwest Prep Conference.
Right now, Houston St. Johns and Casady have put some distance between themselves in Divsion I as each is 4-0.
Casady’s 28 points allowed is the second-least amount allowed. Only Fort Worth Trinity Valley has given up less (20), but that’s been in three games.
Paced by Austin Katigan and Graham Bennett on defense and Cale Shivers and Bentley Williams on offense, this Casady team is no longer surprising anybody.
It seems players are taking turns having big games, so I’m gonna go with my gut and say it’s about time for Williams to have his big game.
Mt. St. Mary’s
The Rockets are 1-2 as they begin play in District 2A-1. That’s just such a tough district to pull out any wins. No cupcakes up and down that lineup.
Dal Nichols’ boys probably won’t see the postseason, but this team is vastly improved. And if the Rockets can keep the kids coming out, more success isn’t too far away.
And now for some Class A & B teams that have already started district play.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 82236Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32719Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 31236Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 27663Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24708Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8346Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7879Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7784Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7479Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7384Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients