SAQ: Guthrie vs. Durant
For your Saturday afternoon quarterback we take a look at Guthrie at Durant, a solid 28-14 win for Guthrie which gives them their second straight win.
What went right: Guthrie’s defense did a great job of slowing up Durant quarterback Daryn Alves, limiting the Durant to just 123 yards rushing. He had a better night through the air with 141 yards but was picked off once and didn’t throw a TD pass.
After a scoreless first quarter Gutrhie took charge, scoring 21 points in the second. That’s similar to what the team went through last week falling behind 14-0 to Piedmont before rallying hard for 34 unanswered, only this time the defense didn’t buckle early.
What went wrong: Very little. Guthrie had nice balance on offense with 320 total years (140 passing, 180 rushing). There were three fumbles, but only one was lost. Four penalties for 50 yards isn’t great but it’s not bad either. QB Bryan Dutton also threw an interception and no doubt coach Rafe Watkins told his team that’s two too many after the game.
Ardmore at Guthrie, Friday at 7:30 p.m.
Ardmore is coming off a 28-0 win over Noble. Guthrie won last year’s game 34-0.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8171OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6350Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6186Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6108OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4747Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4683Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3723Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3514Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3353As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients