SAQ: Shawnee vs. Harrah
This week’s Saturday afternoon quarterback takes a look at Shawnee’s rousing 48-0 win over Harrah Friday night.
What went right: Pretty much everything for the Wolves who have one of the most explosive offenses in 5A and a defense that can math them in their stinginess. Quarterback Brayle Brown is off to a huge start. He entered Friday night’s game with close to 1,000 total yards rushing and passing and 11 touchdowns. He finished with two touchdown runs and 166 yards passing. Tailback Jordan Acock is also a force with two TD runs of 24 yards. Shawnee’s defense completely shut out Harrah in the air and nine first down.
What went wrong: Brown had one interception but the 11 penalties for 123 yards likely hurt the cause more. A one week trend in heavy penalties isn’t cause for alarm but you can bet Shawnee’s coaches will be looking to clean that up this week.
vs. Carl Albert. The Titans are among the best in 5A. This is a huge test for Shawnee both to see where they stand in the district, but the larger 5A picture overall.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients