Casady: Q&A with John Ratliff...
By Robert Przybylo
Casady is in a weird spot. Not just because it’s not in the OSSAA, but also because it’s one of the only schools that has field hockey and a boys volleyball team.
Because of that, sometimes those sports get lost in the shuffle. Here is a Q&A with senior volleyball player John Ratliff.
What was your “Welcome to Varsity sports” moment?
Ratliff: My freshman year I played football, and on my first play, an offensive lineman grabbed me by the neck. I knew it was real then.
What has been the most life-changing event in your life so far?
Ratliff: In terms of sports, my life-changing event was switching from a popular sport like football to volleyball.
What are five things on your “Bucket List” as of now?
Ratliff: Go to Mardi Gras, go to China, surf, live on a golf course and own a ridiculously fast sports car.
Who is one person you would like to trade places with for a day?
Ratliff: God, so I could know everything for a day…ever seen the movie Bruce Almighty?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients