Ed Memorial: Q&A with Aubree Young...
By Robert Przybylo
The cross country battles almost become simply another version of Edlam as all three Edmond schools (Memorial, Santa Fe and North) have solid programs.
And it’s not just the boys or the girls. The Edmond girls are three of the top seven (No. 1 North, No. 3 Memorial and No. 7 Santa Fe) while the boys are the top 3 (No. 1 North, No. 2 Memorial and No. 3 Santa Fe).
One of those star runners for Memorial is Aubree Young. Here is a short Q&A with her.
What was your “welcome to Varsity sports” moment?
Young: The timetrial my freshman year was in 100+ degree heat. I was running for the 6th or 7th spot on Varsity, and right before the finish I blacked out, fell down, and barely crossed the line. One of my coaches knelt down next to me, lying there only half conscious. I felt her pat my shoulder and heard her say “You got your spot on varsity.”
Other than you, who is the best athlete in your family?
Young: I look up to my aunt as a triathlete, and my uncle as a cyclist.
Who is one person you would like to trade places with and why?
Young: A missionary helping out in a really underpriveledged area. They do such amazing work helping others and I would love to be able to have contributed a little help to someone.
What do you do to get away from sports?
Young: It’s part of who I am.. how could I get away from that, and why would I want to?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 371Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 366Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 314OKC Thunder: Thunder stuck with worst-case scenario
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients