Deer Creek: Q&A with Samantha Stroder...
By Robert Przybylo
Trying to keep an even keel through any season can be tough. But it can especially tough when it’s just back and forth all season.
That’s been the story for the Deer Creek volleyball team that is currently 15-13 and isn’t ranked by the coaches.
There has been a lot of peaks and valleys, but senior Samantha Stroder has been able to stay composed through it all.
What is your hidden talent (not including sports)?
Stroder: Organizing. I don’t know if that is a talent, but I love to organize. (Boneman’s note: I do, too. Believe me, it’s a talent)
What was your ‘welcome to Varsity’ sports moment?
Stroder: I truly felt like I had moved on to the next level for the first time when one of the hitters actually smashed the ball. It felt good to set a strong hitter.
What has been your most life-changing event in your life so far?
Stroder: Going on a mission trip to Tokyo, Japan. God really ave me a servant’s heart and taught me to abide in Him. I now live with a missions’ outlook and for a purpose that is bigger than myself.
List the five things you can’t live without:
Stroder: Bible, phone, iPod, bed (Boneman’s note: hadn’t heard that one too much, good point, though) and computer
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients