Mustang-Lawton preview capsule
Mustang at Lawton
When: 7:30 tonight
Where: Cameron Stadium, Lawton
Why Lawton could win: So far, it looks like a lot of the District 6A-1 teams are really good, but also really equal. Any game can go to anyone on any Friday night. Lawton has enough speed to cause some trouble for the Broncos, especially their secondary, which has been a weak spot at times this year.
Why Mustang could win: The Broncos are capable of the big play, but they’re also very efficient on offense. Jacinto Biorato has been an impressive leader at quarterback, and the offensive line is solid all the way across. Defensively, Mustang tends to run to the ball well, even when their individual speed isn’t great.
Quote: If we kick him the ball, my special teams coach is fired.” – Lawton coach Randy Breeze on Mustang’s David Glidden, who has three kickoff return touchdowns this season.
Key matchup: The Wolverines vs. David Glidden. The quote above says it all. Glidden can take over a game. He has 11 touchdowns in four games and at least two in every game. If Lawton can limit him, it goes a long way toward slowing down Mustang.
The pick: Mustang 38, Lawton 34. A thriller, either way — and still plenty more to come in 6A-1.
– Scott Wright, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63590Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38050Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 34916Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12686Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients