Shawnee-Carl Albert game blog
For some reason, Carl Albert goes for it on 4th and 1 from the 12. They don’t get it and Acock runs it in for a 13-yard TD. Shawnee 33, Carl Albert 31 3:08 left, PAT pending.
Shawnee answers quick with a 59-yard TD pass from Brayle Brown to Saulyer Saxon.
Carl Albert eats up more than 8 minutes of clock. Austin Manger makes a 28-yard FG but Shawnee is called for roughing the kicker. Carl Albert decides to take the points, though. Carl Albert 31, Shawnee 21 5:33 left.
Taylor Hawkins just had the block of the night on a punt return. Lit up a Shawnee player. And Saulyer Saxon intercepts Realmuto on 2nd down to give the Wolves the ball back.
And Carl Albert immediately responds, capping off the drive with Realmuto’s 2-run. Carl Albert 28, Shawnee 21 7:15 remaining in the 3rd. Big plays were 37-yard screen pass to Kenton Whittington and 31-yard run by Tre Porter.
31-yd TD pass from Brayle Brown to Gabrion Frazier. Carl Albert 21, Shawnee 21 9:41 left in the third.
Halftime here at Jim Thorpe Stadium and here are some stats:
Rushing Carl Albert 13-42 (J.T. Realmuto 9-16; Kenton Whittington 2-17; Tre Porter 2-9); Shawnee 24-88 (Acock 13-69; Brayle Brown 8-11; Saulyer Saxon 2-10)
Passing Carl Albert (J.T. Realmuto) 5-7-1-204; Shawnee (Brayle Brown) 6-12-0-95
Receiving Carl Albert (Porter 2-98; Dwight Dobbins 1-44; Markell Walker 1-24); Shawnee (Gabrion Frazier 3-26; Saxon 2-47; Weston Reynolds 1-22)
Carl Albert has its first lead of the night after a 38-yard TD pass to Tre Porter. Porter, a Texas Tech commit, broke about 6 tackles on the run. Carl Albert 21, Shawnee 14 0:27 left in the first half.
J.T. Realmuto intercepted by Leif Lena, giving the Wolves the ball at the Carl Albert 19. But Acock coughs it up on the next play and Tre Porter recovers. Carl Albert with the ball again.
Shawnee’s drive stalls out and ends on a missed 32-yard FG attempt. 2:41 left in the half.
So Shawnee scores on a 2-yard run by Acock and again Carl Albert storms right back, this time on Dwight Dobbins’ 44-yard TD pass from Realmuto. Tied at 14 with 8:36 left in the half.
That was quick. 82-yard TD pass from J.T. Realmuto to Tre Porter on the first play. Carl Albert 7, Shawnee 7 2:55 remaining in the first.
Shawnee fakes a punt inside the 35 and gets it on Saulyer Saxon’s 2-yard run on 4th and 1. And it quickly pays off. Jordan Acock gets a 34-yard TD run right after a CA personal foul call. Shawnee up 7-0 with 3:17 left in the first.
Shawnee’s drive goes backwards and after a punt, CA will start at the Shawnee 33. Wolves stop Titans on 4th and 2 at the 25.
Opening kickoff goes directly out of bounds. Carl Albert will start at the 35. Check that. Carl Albert takes the penalty. And it doesn’t pay off. CA will start at the 33. Kenton Whittington gains 16 on 2nd down. Titans drive stalls near midfield. Shawnee will start on the 10.
Perfect night for football here at Shawnee’s Jim Thorpe Stadium. Should be a great game. I’ll keep it updated here and on Twitter (@ryaber) as much as I can.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6021Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5304Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5155Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients