Ed North: Q&A with Kady Self...
By Robert Przybylo
As a freshman, Edmond North softballer Kady Self set all kinds of school records. As a sophomore, hmm, hasn’t dropped one bit.
But this year the pitching has come back for the surprising Huskies as we enter regional play this week.
Here’s a short Q&A with the Edmond North slugger.
What do you do to get away from sports?
Self: I like to read when I have free time, but I’m busy a lot.
What was your “welcome to Varsity” sports moment?
Self: The first home game, and they called our names on the speaker. That’s when I knew it was real.
What is your hidden talent?
Self: I like to hunt.
What has been the biggest life-changing event for you so far?
Self: When my best friend in kindergarten asked me to play softball with her and our other friend. I’ve been playing ever since.
What are some of the things on your Bucket List?
Self: I would like to take a tour of Europe, go on a Safari trip in Africa, bungee jump off a suspension bridge and go to the White House.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26920Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17660Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8676UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8213Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8153OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7952Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6297Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5734Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5128Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients