Union at Yukon preview capsule
Tulsa Union at Yukon
When: 7:30 tonight
Where: Miller Pride Stadium
Why Union could win: Union continues to be one of the most dominant programs in the state, and this season is no different. It’s yet to be seen if they’re as good as last year, when they beat Yukon 48-0, but the ‘Skins can still play. They have more depth and more top-level talent than the Millers (and just about every other team in the state).
Why Yukon could win: The Millers are confident and motivated right now, and their young players haven’t been scared off by any big stage they’ve been on yet this year. Granted, playing Union is different than Mustang or Edmond North, but they’ve been through some battles. They’ve got enough playmakers on both sides of the ball to come up with big plays and build some momentum.
Quote: “Union is a great team. We’ve really improved and I think it’ll be a good atmosphere for this game, and a great atmosphere overall.” – Yukon WR Eric Granado
Key matchup: Yukon’s Kollin Retter vs. Union WR Thomas Roberson. Retter plays free safety, so he won’t be lining up directly across from Roberson, but Yukon defensive coordiantor Steve Chard calls Roberson the best WR in the state. Retter is still trying to make a name for himself, and these two guys will be the most exciting players on the field if you ask me.
The pick: Union 35-24. I like the Millers’ talent on both sides of the ball, but asking them to step up and beat one of the best programs in the state is a tall chore. I think they’ll keep themselves in it, however. And as I said in the West Metro Varsity video this week, Yukon’s goals can be accomplished even with a loss tonight. If Yukon misses the playoffs this season, it won’t be simply because of a loss to Union.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15818Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15704Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11547Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11243'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10839Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9666OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7447Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6917Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6738Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6691Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients