West Metro FB POW: Mustang's Daniel Farrow
Here are your top performers from the West Metro in each sport:
Daniel Farrow, RB/LB, Mustang: Farrow burned most of his energy before the opening kickoff in his Bronco debut Oct. 3 because he was so jacked up to get on the field for a real game, but he had plenty in the tank Friday night. The 6-foot, 190-pound senior went for five touchdowns and 152 yards — nearly double what the Norman North defense had been allowing per game.
Farrow adds a different dimension to a Mustang offense that already has shown it can move the ball through the air, and has plenty of weapons in that realm, with guys like David Glidden and Braden Wiseley. Farrow hits the hole hard and drags tacklers with him when he runs.
He also has an interesting story, which I’ll be telling you about in the next couple weeks.
Julie Brunk, Mustang: Brunk did a little of everything for the Lady Broncos in their regional, tossing four innings of one-hit ball with 11 strikeouts in one of the three victories and did some work at the plate as well, including a two-run triple, in the other games. Mustang had a pair of run-rule victories and a 9-2 win over Westmoore in the regional final.
Tori Cox, Putnam City: One of the top middle players in the state, Cox and PC fell to Stillwater in a hard-fought battle at Stillwater in the regional final.
Steven Cradduck, PC West: The senior clocked in at 19:50 at the Southwestern Christian University Invitational last week, guiding the Patriots to a sixth-place team finish.
– Scott Wright, email@example.com
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24112Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13400Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10660Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10343UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7789Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6928Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6551Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6286Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6076Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4932OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients