OKC FB Player of the Week: Darwin Rideau, Star Spencer
The Oklahoma City football player of the week is Star Spencer running back Darwin Rideau. Rideau, a senior, ran for two touchdowns in the Bobcats’ 50-0 win over Cushing on Friday. He also ran for four two-point conversions on each of Star Spencer’s first four touchdowns. His first touchdown of the night came on a 91-yard run in the fourth quarter. Rideau teams with fellow running back Terrance Olds and quarterback Franky Jamison to form one of the top triple threats on the ground in the area.
Emilio Gatewood, Millwood: Gatewood is bouncing back well from an injury that limited his effectiveness early in the season. In Friday night’s 26-24 win over Lexington, Gatewood ran for 124 and a touchdown, the eventual game-winner.
Brendon Jordon, John Marshall: Jordan had a touchdown run, ran for two two-point conversions and returned a fumble 64 yards for a touchdown as the Beats improved to 5-1 with a 21-0 win over St. Mary.
Quinton Neil, Douglass: Neil ran for a pair of touchdowns, including a 70-yarder, as Douglass beat Guymon 48-6. Neil was one of four Trojans to score on the ground.
Trevyone Willis, Northeast: Willis returned an interception 79 yards for a touchdown in the second quarter of Northeast’s 32-7 loss to Marlow.
The Oklahoma City volleyball players of the week are Victoria Kappel and Shola Adebayo of Southeast. Kappel, a senior, and Adebayo, a junior, lifted the No. 10 Spartans to a pair of upset victories in the Class 5A regional that sent Southeast to the state tournament for the first time in 15 years.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16166Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12480Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11351'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11233Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11000Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10503OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7225Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6948Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6833Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6790Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients