Softball: Class 6A, 5A preview...
By Robert Przybylo
So hopefully we can conclude the softball season this weekend. If we do, I think it’s going to be an interesting dynamic to have all seven classes at ASA Hall of Fame Stadium for two days.
It’s a softball lover’s dream, and a recruiter’s dream. Just camp out there and watch who you want.
Looked at 4A-B last week, so let’s return the favor with a brief look at 5A and 6A. And here are the pairings from yesterday’s blog entry.
Defending champion: Broken Arrow
Outlook: All signs point to a Mustang and Yukon championship, which would be a ridiculous atmosphere for the two rival schools.
The Millerettes haven’t missed a beat since losing senior P Dani Fox for the season. But will they here?
Mustang is loaded, and coach Tim Wade has done a phenomenal job this season. I’m thinking Kayla Ratliff might play big role in something.
But if one of the two are knocked off, I could see any number of teams making a splash and ruining the party.
Broken Arrow and Moore with their tradition might be able to will themselves to the top spot. Not much has been talked about on the two schools because of how much each lost from last year. But surprise, surprise, here they are.
Edmond North is incredibly young, so maybe they don’t feel the pressure and play a loose weekend. Look for a story on freshman P Jordan Dixon in Thursday’s paper.
The wild card is Edmond Santa Fe and Sierra Bronkey. She might just put the Wolves on her back and just carry ‘em home. She’s waited for this moment.
Prediction: Yeah, since I’ve done so well in this area (oy). My gut says Yukon is pulling it out this year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 5362Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 3318Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients