PC West-Lawton Ike preview capsule
Lawton Eisenhower (1-5, 0-3) at Putnam City West (0-6, 0-3)
When: 1 p.m. today
Where: Putnam City Stadium
Why Lawton Ike could win: This is a team that has tasted victory this season, defeating Altus 10-0. Knowing how to win could play a major factor for these two equally matched teams. Ike has a good two-QB system that gives it a solid run-pass threat, which will test every level of the PC West defense.
Why PC West could win: This is one of the teams on the Pats’ schedule that won’t be a lot bigger than them at the line of scrimmage, making it easier to utilize their speed on the edge. The PC West defense has been improving and the offense is getting more and more comfortable in the new system.
Key matchup: Linemen vs. linemen. Both teams have good athletes in their offensive and defensive backfields. Whichever squad can find a way to win the battle at the line of scrimmage more often will have a good chance of winning the game.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13758Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9630Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9095Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8238Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6533Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6005Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5369Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4740Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4592Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4132Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients