FMQ: Carl Albert at Guthrie
In a bit of a surprise, Carl Albert came up to Guthrie’s storied Jelsma Stadium and routed the Bluejays 40-14 in Thursday night fall break football.
Surprising because both teams were ranked in the top 10, and surprising because Guthrie played so poorly. Here’s a look back at Carl Albert’s big win.
What went right: Just about everything. The Titans D forced turnovers in the form of two Guthrie fumbles. The Titans also used a nifty fake punt to extend a drive on a fourth down ply, ultimately scoring a TD. Travante Porter is the real deal. He had four touches in the first half and scored on two of them. Also, JT Realmuto was impressive playing generally crisp footbal without a lot of miscues. And Carl Albert’s defense was dominating, forcing Guthrie into numerous negative plays.
What went wrong: Guthrie scored twice, but it was against mostly reserve players. There was also a blocked FG attempt returned for a touchdown and a missed PAT. Outside of that, it was pretty sterling.
What went wrong: Just about everything. The Bluejays had a costly first quarter fumble by Bryan Dutton that led to a score and helped Carl Albert jump on top early by 2 scores. Their offensive line was also over matched by Carl Albert’s defensive line. Dutton also showed a bit of his age as a true freshman with some of his decisions which is to be expected in a big game.
What went right: The Bluejays blocked a field goal attempt and returned it for a score which was a positive ending for an otherwise poor showing. There also appeared to be no significant injuries for Guthrie. Outside of that, tough night.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7422Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6833Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
- 6608Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients