Softball: Day 2, B-6A...
By Robert Przybylo
9:41 – Wow, not even 10 when this night ends. Ye softball gods look in favor as the one field that was crazy behind everyone (the Purcell, Tuttle) field, didn’t have a sixth game.
There will be an ‘if’ game in Class 6A as Broken Arrow came back to beat Yukon 10-5 to force the rubber match between the two squads at 9 a.m. Saturday.
If it’s B.A., I like the Tigers to ride that wave and beat Mustang. If it’s Yukon, all bets are off on one of the better rivalries in the state. Fatigue will play absolutely no role in that one.
Well, we’ve almost made it. One more day. Back Saturday.
9:25 – We are coming down the home stretch. Freshman Annie Combs lifts Tuttle to a 1-0 victory against Sequoyah-Claremore. McAlester, down 1-0 in the seventh, scores two to advance to the 5A final vs. Lawton Mac.
We’re down to one more game with Broken Arrow and Yukon. Night hasn’t been as long as previously thought, and definitely had our fair share of memorable moments.
7:45 – It’s all starting to come together here at ASA. It’ll be Healdton vs. Konawa in the 2A final. Mustang and Lawton Mac, wow, they’re good. Mustang 8-1 over Bartlesville. Lawton Mac 2-0 over Coweta. No ‘if’ games necessary when it comes to those teams.
6:05 – And it’ll be Fort Cobb-Broxton against Fletcher in the A final. FCB is a 2-1 winner against Davenport. Colinsville 2, Duncan 0.
5:27 – Blanchard is moving on to the Class 4A finals with a 4-2 victory over Cinderella Hilldale. We’re a good hour behind when it comes to that field, so it’ll be a while.
In 6A, Broken Arrow scored one in the first and the seventh and Jessica Turner did the rest in a 2-0 win to send Santa Fe home. The Wolves looked a little spent today. B.A. will play Yukon to try to stay alive.
4:32 – Couple of more scores to pass along as Coweta takes out El Reno with a 7-1 score while No. 1-ranked Fletcher in Class A eliminates last year’s champ, Depew, 3-1.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14537OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9306Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6496Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6052Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5977Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5977Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3990As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3888Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3626Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3076Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients