Private schools: Week 7 Recap...
By Robert Przybylo
One big win, one big performance and one unexpected loss. That sums up the week in the private schools, so let’s get to it.
Bishop McGuinness (5-2, 3-1)
The Irish needed this if they have any hope of winning the 4A-1 title. After beating Douglass, 14-7, McGuinness now becomes the Trojans’ biggest fans with Douglass playing Weatherford this week.
Talking with Ryan Aber (who was there), most impressed with how the McGuinness defense handled the vaunted Douglass running attack.
Let’s just say a certain Irish LB is more than worthy of the Player of the Week (teaser for Monday). And while Camden Tharp still will sometimes try to make more out of what is there, his progression is coming along fine.
Up next is the trip nobody wants to make, the LONG trek to Guymon. Will there be a letdown?
Heritage Hall (4-3, 4-0)
Here is your big performance. Heritage sophomore Barry Sanders Jr. once again scored four touchdowns in a game. This time it was in a 41-0 victory at Fairview. Also heard he had two TDs called back.
No passing touchdowns but 10-of-14 for 189 yards is a good sign for Sterling Shepard and the aerial attack.
So far in the four district games, it’s been three shutouts and 6 points in the other for the defense.
Friday night is a big one vs. Newkirk (6-1, 4-0). How big is it? Yours truly will be back at Pop Murray Field.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 51290Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14843Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9419Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7710Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7083Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6592Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6563Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6561Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6039How to help tornado victims
- 5671Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients