Edmond POW: Micha Hancock, Memorial...
By Robert Przybylo
Saturday night in Sapulpa seems like it was one special scene for the Edmond Memorial volleyball squad.
After the huge disappointment from last year, the Bulldogs club was squarely focused on this year.
And led by arguably the best player in the state, junior Micha Hancock, Memorial was able to outlast Tulsa Union in a five-game slugfest to take back the Class 6A championship.
Hancock is one of the hardest hitters and saved her best stuff for when it mattered most.
Though Hancock is getting the Edmond Player of the Week, all of Edgar Miraku’s girls deserve the recognition.
Memorial and Union both went through the quarterfinals and semifinals without losing a game.
But the final was a classic back-and-forth affair with Memorial coming out on top 25-12, 18-25, 19-25, 25-20 and 18-16. Junior Caitlin Scott landed the winning kill.
It is Memorial’s third championship in five years.
For more, fellow chum Scott Wright had this to say in Sunday’s paper.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients