Private schools POW: Jameel Whitney, Irish...
By Robert Przybylo
Going into the Bishop McGuinness and Douglass game, it wasn’t going to be that hard to figure out who was going to win. If the Irish stopped the Trojans running game, it was going to be a W for Kenny Young’s club.
And there’s no doubt Douglass put up some yards, but for the most part, McGuinness held it in check in a 14-7 win.
Biggest reason? Senior linebacker Jameel Whitney. Whitney has been a stud all season but never more than Friday night. He had 21 tackles, yep, 21 in an outstanding performance in a game the Irish needed for any hopes of another district crown. His rushing touchdown also proved to be the game-winner.
Think the biggest misconception for McGuinness is that it is not a tough, physical team. While the Irish can finesse you, make no mistake that there is some hitting going on with this club.
A huge win after a couple of tough, one-point losses earlier in the season.
- Barry Sanders Jr., RB, Heritage Hall: Sanders had another four-touchdown performance in a 41-0 win at Fairview. He also had two scores called back because of penalties.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients