Edmond POW: Alex Christensen, Deer Creek...
By Robert Przybylo
Back-to-back losses to Duncan and El Reno had Deer Creek reeling. Going on the road to Chickasha to face the explosive offense led by Chase Rodgers certainly wasn’t a picnic.
It was as close to a must-win game for the Antlers as possible. And having to try to win such a crucial game without a vital component again (Colten Sander), well, the task seemed daunting.
But with each passing game, quarterback Alex Christensen has matured and looked more natural at the position.
Christensen’s never played bigger than what he did Friday in a 26-16 win and earns Edmond Player of the Week honors.
Christensen ran for more than 200 yards and a touchdown while also throwing for another score.
It’s not just the 200 rushing yards by Christensen, it’s the way he did. He’s a tough, physical kid that just wasn’t going to take no for an answer in this district battle.
Deer Creek has Altus coming up this week. With a win, the Antlers, despite all their injuries, have put themselves in solid playoff position.
Virgil Walker, LB, North: The Huskies needed a bounce back game vs. PCWest after the Midwest City loss, and Walker was there to do it. He had two sacks and four additional tackles for loss in a 36-6 win.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims
- 3839Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3543Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 3013Name of missing Kingfisher teen released
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients