OKC POW: Emilio Gatewood, Millwood
I normally like to stay away from sticking with the same player two consecutive weeks but how could I not pick Millwood running back Emilio Gatewood this week. Early in the season, the biggest question mark about the Falcons was their running game. Gatewood was banged up and ineffective early (due to the injuries) but since taking some time to recover, he’s been nothing short of spectacular. Last week, in the Falcons 39-17 win over Bethel, Gatewood had 22 carries for 226 yards and three touchdowns. Millwood ran for 337 as a team. If Gatewood can stay healthy, the Falcons are once again among the contenders for a state title in 2A.
Jay Gogue, Southeast: Gogue ran for two touchdowns, including one for 90 yards, in Southeast’s 49-20 loss to Piedmont.
Brenden Jordan, John Marshall: Jordan ran for 195 yards and two touchdowns and threw for another two as the Bears improved to 6-2 with a 28-13 win over Alva.
Douglass’ defense: Despite a 14-7 loss to Weatherford, there was still plenty of good for the Trojans on defense. They bottled up the Eagles’ powerful running game for the majority of the night and kept the team in the game despite a rash of turnovers on offense. Linebacker Aaron James played well a week after aggravating a separated shoulder and Corey Mitchell, another linebacker, came back after suffering an injury of his own and still performed admirably in a close game.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 18478Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8171OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6350Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6186Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6108OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4747Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4683Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3723Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3514Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3353As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients