Three questions: Anadarko vs. Tuttle
Tuttle hosts Anadarko in a game that will go a long way in clearing up the district 3A-1 playoff picture. Here’s a few angles for this game and beyond.
Can Andarko rebound after losing two out of its last three games?
Sure they can, only trouble is, Tuttle is the wrong team to attempt that against, especially when the Tigers are at home. Anadarko trounced Santa Fe South but lost back-to-back games to Elgin and Blanchard which is there is no shame in. Both are good teams. But Anadarko has also had to deal with injuries so it will be interesting to see how competitive they are playing with a full deck.
What’s in it for Tuttle?
Phil Koons would say plenty. The Class 3A playoffs loom large and these next two games will be helpful in getting ready for when losing games means your season is over. Tuttle has been penalized too much this season, one of its few weaknesses. Crisper execution on both sides of the ball wouldn’t hurt either, but those elements have generally been good to great all year.
What’s in it for Anadarko?
Plenty. This might seem like a game that Tuttle should win easily, and it probably should. But never underestimate a team with something to play for. After a hot start Anadarko has cooled off considerably leaving them at 3-2 in district play fighting for a spot along with Blanchard (3-2), Clinton (3-2) and even Newcastle (2-3). Tuttle and Elgin have the top two spots locked up. The other two remain very much up for grabs.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients