Casady: Rivals on collision course...
By Robert Przybylo
This is a fun week for me, personally. Whether it’s the Edlam showdown between North and Memorial or the SPC battle between Casady and Holland Hall.
A couple of weeks ago I would have given Casady a huge advantage in this game. Not so much because of the way the Cyclones were playing (that hasn’t changed all season) but because Holland wasn’t putting it together.
If last week is any indication, I might be wrong about that one. That was a huge win by Holland Hall against Houston St. Johns.
Now comes the showdown Friday.
Casady has been steered by its stellar senior class all year, anchored by quarterback Cale Shivers. A true leader. His stats don’t indicate what he means to the team.
When Travis Hibdon went down, it definitely put the Cyclones in a tough spot, but they’ve battled. Austin Katigan has become a solid No. 1 option.
Interesting to see that though Casady has given up 52 points in its last two games, it has allowed just one more point than Houston Episcopal (113-112). That’s how good this Cyclone defense is.
Holland Hall has a nice, balanced offense, but its defense seems to be where Casady can find some holes. HH has allowed 201 points in eight games, a little more than 25 ppg.
Offensively, HH is paced by RB Kwame Sexton. He has rushed for 982 yards and 13 touchdowns. Quarterback Jay Swab is explosive but does make mistakes. He has nine TDs vs. 11 INTs. If Casady’s defense can force the action, it should create some turnovers.
I can’t be in two places at once, but this should be another classic in this outstanding rivalry. Each team is 3-2 in Division I of the Southwest Prep Conference.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 3989Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 2759Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients