Star Spencer at Mannford Capsule
By Ryan Aber
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Star Spencer (L, Millwood; W, Southeast; L, Douglass; W, McLoud; W, Tecumseh; W, Cushing; W, Seminole; W, Cleveland)
Why the Bobcats can win: It’s not a matter of can. It’s a matter of will. Star Spencer isn’t going to have a letdown this week against a winless Mannford team.
Mannford (L, Collinsville; L, Fort Gibson; L, Bristow; L, Cleveland; L, Seminole; L, Glenpool; L, Tecumseh; L, McLoud)
Why the Pirates can win: Short answer is, short of the Bobcats not showing up, they can’t. I hate to be that certain but it’s been a rough year for Mannford. They’ve only scored more than seven points twice, and Start Spencer’s defense is at good as it gets in 4A.
Key matchup: Star Spencer’s mentality vs. its physicality. While I don’t think Mannford can win, the one chance they have is if the Bobcats don’t even think about Mannford. Star Spencer has a huge game on the horizon next week when Glenpool hosts the Bobcats. For at least a few hours tonight, Star Spencer needs to be thinking about the Pirates rather than the Warriors.
Ryan’s pick: Star Spencer 48, Mannford 0. The Bobcats keep rolling right along, turning in their fifth shutout of the season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6946Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6921Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5498Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients