Private schools: Week 9 Recap...
By Robert Przybylo
There was one surprise after another in the private school realm this last week. Teams losing I thought would win and teams winning I thought would lose. You really just never know.
Bishop McGuinness (7-2, 5-1)
Well, there were no surprises with the Irish. A dominating first half had ‘em up 24-0 before earning a 37-22 win against Southeast.
Senior Jameel Whitney had a rushing touchdown. Yea, that’s usual. But he also had a passing touchdown, finding David Krahl on a 31-yarder. I would love to see that video.
McGuinness was able to total more than 400 yards of offense, so that’s a good sign as we get deeper and deeper in the season.
The Irish close out their regular season at Elk City. EC has come a long way and is a totally different team from the one that lost to Western Heights.
Heritage Hall (5-4, 5-1)
Maybe the biggest shocker of the week. John Marshall went into Pop Murray Memorial Field and gutted out a 12-7 road victory.
Sophomore Barry Sanders had a big game as usual, but the Bears controlled the rest of the club.
The biggest question is the health of Sterling Shepard, and it will be the first question I ask coach Andy Bogert when I talk to him Monday.
When I first heard it, I thought it was overconfidence. But after hearing about Shepard’s injury in the first half, think it was more confusion to go with a determined club from John Marshall.
Heritage is at Mt. St. Mary’s on Friday.
Casady (7-3, 3-3)
Not the end the Cyclones wanted. Casady was the toast of the town at 7-0, but the wheels fell off in losing the final three games.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15818Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15704Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11547Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11243'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10839Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9666OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7447Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6917Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6738Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6691Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients