Private schools POW: Mt. St. Mary's seniors...
By Robert Przybylo
Well, I’m going to let the cat out of the bag a little early on this one. Mt. St. Mary’s football coach Dal Nichols was out last week with the H1N1 flu, so he didn’t make the trip to Newkirk.
The Rockets, who are playing their most inspired ball of the year, went out and won 28-21 to move to 3-6, 2-4 in district and give the Tigers only their second district loss.
That’s not why MSM is earning the Team of the Week honor, oh no. It’s what those seniors decided to do Saturday morning that wins them this award.
I’ve written a lengthy piece about this for Tuesday’s paper, so I’m just going to say the seniors decided they would all go over to coach’s house Saturday morning and give him the game ball.
It’s something Nichols said he will never, ever forget. It’s a type of feel-good moment that you really can’t get enough of nowadays.
Check back Tuesday, and I’ll post the link so you can read the whole story. What a cool move by those kids and what a heartfelt, genuine moment that must have been.
UPDATE: It’s Tuesday, so here ya go.
Camden Tharp, QB, Bishop McGuinness: Tharp was efficient in a 37-22 win vs. Southeast. He ran for a touchdown, threw for another and was 9-of-13 through the air.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13316Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11704Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5428Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5363Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4511OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4209Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3958How to help tornado victims
- 3653Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3534Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 3111Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients