Three questions: Duncan at El Reno
A huge game this week in 5A-1 as Duncan and El Reno battle in a winner take all game for the district title. This has to be an interesting feeling for El Reno especially, who has played extremely well wire to wire and yet find themselves in a dogfight to win the district in the final game of the season.
Can El Reno stop Duncan RB Payton Atchley and quarterback Brandon Wilson?
The pair have combined for nearly 2,000 yards total offense this year so it will be a challenge. Atchley in particular is a load, averaging 7.2 yards per carry. The Demons average 28 points per game which means they can move the ball but not as well as other teams in the class like Shawnee and Carl Albert. Still, they have more than enough in the tank to give El Reno plenty to worry about on defense that is among the best in 5A.
It it all on Jakeil Everheart’s shoulders?
In many ways it is. Everheart is the leader of the offense, and he’s also the team’s leading rusher. He needs to play a tight game for El Reno to win. That’s part of playing the postion and Everheart has been up to the challenge all season. This will be a tough test though, and you can argue that Duncan is signficantly better than anyone else on El Reno’s schedule this season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients