Thursday night lights: Playoff deciders
There are a handful of games tonight that will go a long way toward determining playoff positioning. Here they are, broken down by class:
Del City at Putnam North
Del City: A win gets Del City into the playoffs for the first time in a long time. A loss doesn’t completely rule out Del City but makes things very difficult.
Putnam North: The Panthers need a win tonight to keep their playoff hopes alive. It might not be enough just to win but the Panthers are likely in with a win.
My pick: Del City 28, Putnam North 14. The Eagles win and make things relatively easy to figure out.
Norman North at Lawton
Lawton: It’s pretty simple for Lawton: Win and the Wolverines are in. A loss leaves the Wolverines needing other things to happen, specifically a Del City win. If the Wolverines lose and Putnam North wins tonight, get ready to pull out the calculators and start figuring up district points.
My pick: Lawton 35, Norman North 17. Norman North’s slide continues and Lawton advances to the playoffs.
Piedmont at Douglass
Douglass: A win assures the Trojans of no worse than third place in 4A-1. Douglass could still finish in second with a win and an (unlikely) Elk City upset of McGuinness.
My pick: Douglass 41, Piedmont 12. Douglass wins tonight, McGuinness wins tomorrow and Douglass plays at either Star Spencer or Glenpool to open the playoffs next week.
Chandler at Eufaula
Chandler: Win. That makes things simple for the Lions and makes things simple for me. A Chandler win gives it the district title. A loss brings out the calculators in most cases depending on what happens Friday night.
My pick: Chandler 35, Eufaula 7. Chandler wins and keeps it simple, setting up a home first-round playoff game.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients