Capsule: Star Spencer at Glenpool
By Ryan Aber
Star Spencer (7-2, 6-0 4A-2) at Glenpool (9-0, 6-0 4A-2)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Glenpool High
Playoff implications: It’s simple. The winner wins 4A-2 and hosts the fourth place team in 4A-1 to begin the playoffs. The loser has a much tougher first-round game, at home likely against Douglass.
Star Spencer (L, Millwood; W, Southeast; L, Douglass; W, McLoud; W, Tecumseh; W, Cushing; W, Seminole; W, Cleveland; W, Mannford)
Why the Bobcats can win: Because Star Spencer’s defense has been outstanding since a couple stumbles in non-district play. Sure, the level of competition isn’t what it was then but there has been a marked improvement. Star Spencer gave up 100 points in three non-district games. Since, they’ve given up 23. A big key to that has been the health and stability of Terence Olds.
Glenpool (W, Berryhill; W, Bixby; W, Okmulgee; W, Seminole; W, Cleveland; W, Mannford; W, McLoud; W, Cushing; W, Tecumseh)
Why the Warriors can win: Because they’re used to winning these type of games. Glenpool consistently performs on the big stage. The defending champions are just as strong as they were last year.
Darwin Rideau: 99 carries, 1,204 yards, 15 TDs, 12.16 yards per carry
Franky Jamison: 62 carries, 626 yards, 7 TDs, 10.10 yards per carry
Terence Olds: 44 carries, 510 yards, 9 TDs, 11.59 yards per carry
Marco Nelson: 67 carries, 1,070 yards, 16 TDs, 15.97 yards per carry
Drew Molencupp: 45 carries, 517 yards, 14 TDs, 11.49 yards per carry
Alton Adkins: 50 carries, 407 yards, 4 TDs, 8.14 yards per carry
Franky Jamison 39-71-777 7 TDs, 5 INTs
Derek Allen: 34-57-531 6 TDs, 4 INTs
Stevo Henderson: 9 catches, 228 yards, 3 TDs, 25.33 yards per catch
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients