Game capsule: Lawton Ike at Norman
Lawton Eisenhower (3-6, 2-4 6A-2) at Norman (4-5,3-3 6A-2)
When: 7:30 p.m. tonight
Where: Harve Collins Field
Why the Eagles can win: The Eagles are sky-high after a game-winning field goal with six seconds left last week kept their postseason hopes alive. QB Adrian McDonald is dangerous on the ground. If he cam hit a few timely passes, Ike could take this one.
Why the Tigers could win: It’s do-or-die. Win and the Tigers are in the playoffs for the first time since 2006. Lose and it’s all over. But beyond the ramifications of the outcome, Norman has more tools to put up points than Ike. If running back Donovan Roberts — the Tigers most productive offensive player — can’t come back from last week’s hip injury, it will hinder the Tigers greatly. But electric kick returner Jaime Myers has the skill to fill in nicely.
Key matchup: For Lawton Eisenhower, it’s this: Putnam City vs.Edmond Memorial.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14038Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9697OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6648Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5284Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5183Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5164OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5129Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3755Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3751Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3590As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients