Private schools: Week 10 recap...
By Robert Przybylo
Three area private school teams remain. All three have real chances to make some big playoff runs.
Bishop McGuinness (8-2, 6-1)
The Irish were dominant at Elk City. McGuinness rolled up more than 430 yards in a 49-12 win.
The Whitney boys (Jameel and Jamal) played huge while Camden Tharp was once again solid.
Amazing to think this team is now ranked No. 2 by Ryan. I know I never saw this type of season coming.
That’s a credit to Kenny Young and his staff for putting the kids in the right spots to be successful.
Up next: Another 8-2 team in a first-round battle with Tecumseh. Irish get to play at Pribil Stadium for this one.
Heritage Hall (6-4, 6-1)
I heard Heritage had 64 rushing yards and Barry Sanders didn’t score. Wow. But senior Tanner France had a huge game for the Chargers in 37-19 win against Mt. St. Mary’s.
France ran for a score, caught another and had an interception return to clinch the district title.
Sounds like Cooper Cloud was efficient in his first start. This was big for the team’s confidence after the John Marshall loss.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5527Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5132Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4758Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients