Ed North: Tyler Goodrich returns, so does running game...
By Robert Przybylo
North (8-2) vs. Lawton (8-2)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday, 6A first-round matchup
Where: Cameron Stadium, Lawton (I’ll be there)
What a difference a week makes for Edmond North. Coming off an emotionally draining 10-0 loss to rival Memorial, the Huskies played their most complete game of the season in a 43-0 win against Westmoore.
Most of the offensive success can be attributed to a resurgence in the running game, something coach Jeremy Dombek gave right guard Tyler Goodrich a lot of the credit.
“That was the first time he was able to play in a month. He allows us to do a lot of things that we haven’t been able to do.” – Dombek
Dombek didn’t say the team is 100 percent healthy, but it’s getting there. North is about as good as it’s been since Week 5 or 6.
Quarterback Travis Townsend, though he threw a pick, was as comfortable as he’s been, Dombek said.
Townsend isn’t exactly fully healthy, but he’s a lot closer than senior running back Qua’Don Henderson.
I was at practice Monday and Henderson is definitely gutting it out right now.
Also had a chance to catch up with senior Xavier Smith, leader of that stout defense. North has technically allowed 16 points in its last three games. But the defense has only given up nine since the 42-point outing at Midwest City.
“We’ve just been pushed hard, and we have a lot of pride. We know what we can do and want to show the rest of the state.” – Smith
North is going to make its second trip to Cameron Stadium this season. The Huskies defeated Lawton Eisenhower earlier this season
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients