Norman Hoops: Girls are third in preseason rankings; boys 20th
The preseason coaches rankings have been released on okrankings.com.
Norman has both teams ranked and the girls, a perennial title contender under Matilda Mossman, are starting off at No. 3.
The Lady Tigers are coming off a 21-7 season in which they advanced to the Class 6A state tournament semifinals.
Three starters return in Kamra King, Jeannie Ramon and Chelsea Key. Gone is star Ashley Bruner, who is playing at South Carolina. It will be tough to replace the leading rebounder in school history, but Mossman – the winningest coach in program history — always develops talent and this season will be no different.
The Tigers are ranked 20th in the preseason poll and have three starters back in Jarrod Boersman, Jaime Myers and Colton Coale. Four senior graduated, including starters Brock Vorwald and Malone Coffman.
The Tigers went 9-16 last season and lost in the area tournament to Lawton.
Coach Wes Clark’s crew figures to be improved this season, with Coale running the point for the third straight season and Myers possessing the ability to be a 15-plus points per game scorer.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients