Edmond: Playoff jabs...
By Robert Przybylo
Can’t believe it’s already Thursday of the first week of playoffs. This week absolutely flew by. Anyway, as we prepare for the postseason, here are some quick-hitters on Memorial and North.
Coach Justin Merideth knows the offense needs to do better, but he’s not worried about the defense. He gives full credit to the defensive coaching staff. He knows his kids are prepared for the challenge ahead.
Need any more evidence? Memorial has given up 17 points in the last six games (all wins) and hasn’t given a point in 10 quarters. Yep, not bad…
Merideth is pretty calm for a coach entering his first playoff game as the head honcho. His attitude definitely trickles down to the team. He said it’s business as usual. They understand how important this game is, but they know it’s going be won just as much in practice as it will be on the field.
Mustang is at Memorial on Friday.
Coach Jeremy Dombek is happy his team has already made the trip to Cameron Stadium. Though the atmosphere will be immensely different from a Week 4 win vs. Lawton Eisenhower, they have some experience on that field…
One thing senior cornerback Xavier Smith has talked about all season has been the huge support from the school. It will be evident Friday. Smith told me there will be two spirit buses making the trip to Cameron. That’s pretty cool…
It sure feels like strength against strength with the Lawton passing game and Cody Miller against Smith and his fellow secondary cohorts. Should make for one heckuva battle.
North is at Lawton to take on the Wolverines on Friday.
And here is my video with Ryan Aber breaking down the Edmond playoff scene.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63590Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38050Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 34916Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12686Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients