Three questions: Guthrie at Duncan
Guthrie takes its playoff hopes to Duncan Friday night. The Demons are coming off a hard fought loss to El Reno last week in which their defense did a credible job in slowing down El Reno’s offense led by QB Jakeil Everheart. This week it doesn’t get much easier.
Can Guthrie slow down RB Payton Atchley and QB Brandon Wilson?
Neither player was overly productive against El Reno, but that’s because the Indians played so well on D. Guthrie’s defense isn’t too bad either, and matches up well against Duncan’s offense. Guthrie should be able to hold off Wilson who had just 36 yards in the air, but Duncan did have some success running the ball with 158 yards last week against a tough defensive front seven of El Reno.
How does Guthrie’s offense match up to Duncan’s defense?
Guthrie QB Bryan Dutton has been on fire lately, albeit against teams that have struggled this year. Still, El Reno was able to have a balanced offense last week against Duncan so look for more or the same from El Reno. Statistically Guthrie’s defense is better, giving up just 13 points per game but Duncan has played tougher opponents lately and gives up 15 points per game. Guthrie’s achilees heel all year has been turnovers. If they can limit those then there’s no reason to believe they can’t move the ball on Duncan.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15391Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9463Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8117Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7214Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6364Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6332Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6331Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5818Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 5611Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5224UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients