Capsule: Douglass at Glenpool
By Ryan Aber
Douglass (7-3) at Glenpool (9-1)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Glenpool High
Winner plays: Wagoner-Jay winner on the road next Friday.
Douglass (W, Capitol Hill; L, Millwood; W, Star Spencer; W, Elk City; W, Southeast; W, Guymon; L, McGuinness; L, Weatherford; W, Woodward; W, Piedmont)
Why the Trojans can win: They believe they’ve corrected a fumbling problem which hurt them in all three losses this season — none by more than seven points. Douglass’ defense is every bit as big as the Star Spencer defense that dominated Glenpool last week in ending the Warriors’ 23-game winning streak.
Glenpool (W, Berryhill; W, Bixby; W, Okmulgee; W, Seminole; W, Cleveland; W, Mannford; W, McLoud; W, Cushing; W, Tecumseh; L, Star Spencer)
Why the Warriors can win: Because that’s what Glenpool does — win in the playoffs. Glenpool’s defense isn’t as big and physical as its defense have been in the past but it’s still pretty good and capable of forcing turnovers, which have hurt Douglass all season.
Quinton Neil: 142 carries, 1,112 yards, 13 TDs
Kevin Forbes: 121 carries, 925 yards, 11 TDs
Antyoun Smith: 114 carries, 597 yards, 7 TDs
Aliston Cobb: 40 carries, 415 yards, 4 TDs
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6223Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5055Oklahoma City psychiatrist fined $25K for letting students write prescriptions
- 4821Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients