Capsule: Lawton MacArthur at Carl Albert
By Ryan Aber
Lawton MacArthur (7-3) at Carl Albert (8-2)
When: 7:30 p.m.
Where: Jim Harris Stadium, Midwest City
Winner plays: Ada-Tulsa Kelley winner next Friday on the road.
Lawton MacArthur (W, Coweta; L, Lawton; W, Lawton Eisenhower; W, Western Heights; W, Northwest; L, El Reno; L, Duncan; W, Altus; W, Chickasha; W, Deer Creek)
Why the Highlanders can win: The Highlanders have been on a tear since back-to-back losses during district play. They’ve scored 48 in back-to-back weeks and 60-plus twice this season.
Carl Albert (L, Tulsa Washington; W, Choctaw; W, Duncan; W, Capitol Hill; L, Shawnee; W, Noble; W, Guthrie; W, Ardmore; W, Durant; W, Harrah)
Why the Titans can win: Like Lawton MacArthur, Carl Albert has been on a tear. Tre Porter has emerged as more of an offensive threat than he was early in the season and his home run-play ability has turned Carl Albert back into one of the 5A favorites.
They’re a really good team so it’ll be a tough matchup. But we’re playing as good as we have been all season” — Carl Albert’s Tre Porter
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients