Ed North vs. Lawton Capsule...
By Robert Przybylo
North (8-2) vs. Lawton (8-2)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Cameron Stadium, Lawton (I’ll be there)
Winner plays Tulsa Union/Claremore next Friday
Why the Huskies can win: Because all season I’ve said I thought the Huskies had another gear they could go to. Last week, they went there. Riding the momentum of a complete game against Westmoore and getting healthy (RG Tyler Goodrich, QB Travis Townsend and RB Qua’Don Henderson) at exactly the right time.
We know there is a lot on the line on this one, but we’re (DBs) ready for something like this. We’re going to be challenged, but that’s what we want.” – senior Xavier Smith
Why the Wolverines can win: Because any team from 6A-1 has a claim to say they’ve been battle-tested. Lawton has shown signs of explosiveness on offense and defense and definitely has the potential to put it all together. Cody Miller is the anchor of the offense, and he’ll need the O-Line to be at its best.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients