Ed Memorial: Underdog role suits 'em fine...
By Robert Przybylo
Memorial (8-3) vs. Jenks (11-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Jenks Hunter-Dwelley Stadium
At this point in the game, you don’t need much motivation. If you’re not pumped to be in the 6A quarterfinals, then I don’t know what to say.
But Memorial is actually a team that can come in with a chip on its shoulder. Despite hosting Mustang last week, not many people (including all of your stooges) picked the Bulldogs to win.
We definitely used that as motivation, especially the defense. People were saying how Mustang was going to put up all kinds of points on us. That fired us up.” – junior Kameron Doolittle
All the defense did was do what it’s done all month: shut down another offense. In the 38-7 win, the defense caused four turnovers. And in the last 14 quarters, it’s been Memorial 70, Opponents 7.
The Bulldogs can play with a care-free attitude this week because nobody once again thinks they have any chance of beating Jenks.
We’re excited about this chance, about this opportunity to show what we can really do. We’re coming in with all the confidence in the world.” – senior Nelson Medeiros
A team with nothing to lose is definitely a dangerous club, but don’t expect Jenks to tense up in the moment. If the off the field distractions haven’t gotten to this team, then just about nothing will.
Either way, we’ll find out Friday how good the Memorial defense really is. No matter what happens, this defense will be remembered. But a big outing at Jenks, and they’ll write another chapter.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20835Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17666Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12055Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9067Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8577Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8462Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8039Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4986Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4489Woman arrested on complaint of offering to engage in act of prostitution in Midwest City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients