Ed Memorial: Playoff jabs...
By Robert Przybylo
Memorial (8-3) vs. Jenks (11-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Hunter-Dwelley Stadium, Jenks
The biggest obstacle facing Memorial at Jenks is going to be on the offensive side of the ball. Memorial is just not that explosive type of offense that can put up points in bunches.
The long, drawn out drives have actually been one of their strengths this season because even when the team hasn’t found the end zone, the offense has been able to kill some clock.
But against Jenks, Memorial is going to need a couple of of big plays from Kameron Doolittle or Jordan Marczewski or Nelson Medeiros or someone in the passing game, so the running game can be established.
I went up and down the line this week at practice and asked why is this the Memorial team that has reached the quarterfinals when no other team had since the Edmond split?
One repeated answer: family. This group feels like a family. They play for each other. The bond doesn’t end after practice, they hang out with each other. Will it be enough to be beat Jenks? I don’t know, but when you have that type of friendship, you push yourself to doing things you didn’t know you could do.
Here’s a short video with myself and Ryan Aber breaking it all down.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5056Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4611Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4176Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients