All-City Preview Wrapup
By Ryan Aber
There might’ve been a state tournament feel to the finals of the All-City Athletic Conference basketball preview on Thursday night at Northwest and it’s not hard to see why.
In the boys championship game, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Star Spencer-Douglass could be a preview of the 4A title game in a few months.
It certainly looked like it could’ve been in the preview. Star Spencer, the defending 4A champions, won 25-24 over Douglass. While each team lost some key players, both teams returned some stars as well, led by Star Spencer PG Kendre Talley and Douglass’ big inside presence Marquis Buxton-Hill.
On the girls side, there was a bit of a surprise as Northeast outlasted Millwood in the title game 18-16.
If you’re a basketball fan and looking for a game fix this weekend, check out Northeast on Saturday night. Two teams that could be state contenders in their respective classes face off when Northeast hosts Metro Christian. The boys game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m.
Game 1: Millwood 27, Centennial 18
Game 2: Northwest 21, Capitol Hill 20
Game 3: Douglass 31, Millwood 14
at Capitol Hill
Game 4: John Marshall 20, Classen SAS 11
Game 5: Northeast 33, U.S. Grant 13
Game 6: Southeast 28, John Marshall 20
Game 7: Star Spencer 39, Northeast 20
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12675Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11502Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6315Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5431Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 5078Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4467OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3964How to help tornado victims
- 3897Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3600Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3091Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients