Capsule: Broken Arrow at Midwest City
By Ryan Aber
Broken Arrow (9-2) at Midwest City (9-2)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Jim Darnell Stadium, Midwest City
Winner plays: Tulsa Union-Lawton winner next Friday-Saturday at neutral site TBD.
Broken Arrow (L, Tulsa Union; W, Owasso; W, Tulsa Washington; W, Sapulpa; W, Muskogee; L, Jenks; W, Sand Springs; W, Tulsa Memorial; W, Claremore; W, Bartlesville; W, Enid)
Why the Tigers can win: If you take out the season-opening 17-6 loss to Tulsa Union, Broken Arrow has scored 24 or more points in every game. The Tigers have one of the most balanced offenses around, led by running back Steven Hopper and quarterback Archie Bradley.
Midwest City (L, Del City; W, Moore; L, Southmoore; W, Edmond Memorial; W, Westmoore; W, Lawton Eisenhower; W, Edmond North; W, Putnam City; W, Norman; W, Putnam West; W, Putnam North)
Why the Bombers can win: Because last week was their wake-up call. Midwest City blew through District 6A-2, so it’s not too surprising that once the Bombers get to the playoffs, it was going to take a bit for MWC to get acclimated to a four-quarter game again. The Bombers survived, though, and figure to be ready for a battle this week. Midwest City’s defense could be the difference.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients