Capsule: Carl Albert at Tulsa Kelley
By Ryan Aber
Carl Albert (9-2) at Tulsa Kelley (11-0)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Angelo Prassa Stadium, Tulsa
Winner plays: El Reno-McAlester winner next Friday-Saturday at neutral site TBD.
Carl Albert (L, Tulsa Washington; W, Choctaw; W, Duncan; W, Capitol Hill; L, Shawnee; W, Noble; W, Guthrie; W, Ardmore; W, Durant; W, Harrah; W, Lawton MacArthur)
Why the Titans can win: Carl Albert’s offense has been superb of late, scoring 40 or more points in six consecutive games since a 34-31 loss to Shawnee in early October. The difference? The role of Tre Porter, who has joined quarterback J.T. Realmuto as the Titans’ top offensive options. But Carl Albert’s defense has been awfully impressive as well.
Tulsa Kelley (W, Tulsa Memorial; W, McGuinness; W, Catoosa; W, Tulsa Washington; W, Bixby; W, Tulsa Rogers; W, Skiatook; W, Pryor; W, Tulsa Hale; W, Miami; W, Ada)
Why the Comets can win: Why not? They’ve won every other game this season, including a convincing 28-14 win over a Tulsa Washington team that beat Carl Albert three weeks earlier. The Comets’ defense has been so good, not allowing more than 17 points in any game and three times shutting out its opponent.
J.T. Realmuto: 99 carries, 974 yards, 15 TDs
Tre Porter: 57 carries, 573 yards, 9 TDs
Kenton Whittington: 50 carries, 338 yards, 5 TDs
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17454Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13102OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11643'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11460Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9987Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 8525Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8435Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7203Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7020Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7003Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients