Capsule: Oologah at Star Spencer
By Ryan Aber
Oologah (8-3) at Star Spencer (9-2)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Carl Twidwell Stadium, Spencer
Winner plays: McGuinness-Sallisaw winner next Friday-Saturday at neutral site TBD.
Oologah (L, Claremore; W, Coweta; L, Seq. Claremore; W, Locust Grove; W, Catoosa; L, Jay; W, Grove; W, Vinita; W, Tulsa McLain; W, Collinsville; W, Poteau)
Why the Mustangs can win: Oologah has a very balanced attack, with explosive passing and rushing options. Star Spencer hasn’t had much problems stopping teams that run the ball primarily but the Bobcats pass defense might be a bit suspect. If Oologah can get Star Spencer back on its heels like Elk City did at times last week, the Mustangs could pull off the upset.
Star Spencer (L, Millwood; W, Southeast; L, Douglass; W, McLoud; W, Tecumseh; W, Cushing; W, Seminole; W, Cleveland; W, Mannford; W, Glenpool; W, Elk City)
Why the Bobcats can win: Star Spencer faced a unique situation last week in going against Elk City’s offense. Oologah is a much more familiar offensive look so Star Spencer’s defense should be fine. Star Spencer also has a three-pronged rushing attack (sometimes stretching into four) that figures to give Oologah problems.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients